Thursday, May 10, 2012

 Buck-a-Bear-Block
Wrapping up the 2011/12 Saturday Sampler has been quit a task.  There were two fabric options to satisfy varying tastes in fabrics. The groups that were just finished were 12" stars for twelve months.  One color choice was Moda - BasicGrey - Origins, the other choice was Moda - Minick & Simpson - Wiscasset. 
I just completed the Origins setting pattern.  Even with all the wrinkles I think this is on it's way to becoming a masterpiece. 

I completely finished the quilt with the Wiscasset fabric blocks.  The fabric made for a great layout and I am proud of the results.  The quilting was done by Nancy Graham of Newport, NH. 


Having successfully completed the first series of blocks I am confidently ready to tackle a second year.  I hope that once more people see the results from this past year they will want to join in. 

In addition to all the work spent on the quilting, my dog, Gilbert, has injured here ACL joint.  Twenty months ago she injured the other leg.  I was warned of a possible injury to this leg and Monday it happened.  She gets along pretty well on three legs.  But being our only child, we are opting for surgery to correct the problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment