Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Thread Bear Fabrics

Thread Bear Fabrics, LLC
515 Sawnee Corners Blvd
Suite 500
Cumming, GA 30040
Phone 770-781-0001
Cumming, GA
This local quilt shop carries a huge selection of name brand high quality fabrics.  I spend much of my free time either at the shop or planning for the Saturday sampler.   I develope both the monthly patterns and the setting designs. 
 
We will be starting a new Buck-a-bear-block this Saturday, May 12th – same times 9:00 AM, 10:00 AM and 11:00 AM. I hope you will participate and I look forward to seeing everyone at the shop. The details for this year’s blocks will be explained at the May kick off. I have a little twist for this years blocks and am very excited about the finished quilt. There will be an offering of Civil War or Brights. Janet is planning some administrative changes that she will explain at this Saturday’s sessions.


I am also planning an applique ‘club’. This will start in June. It will be on the second Saturday each month, in the afternoon, after the Saturday Buck-a-Block. It will be a bee style group where we work on our projects and exchange ideas. Those of us that worked on the Noel are welcome to attend and work on their Noel blocks. Janet has ordered the Edyta Sitar ‘Elegant Garden’ patterns ($5 for pattern, no class fee) for us to work on. I am developing samples for both fuse and hand applique. I learn so much from the others in the group and the creativity is contagious.
 
 
Happy Stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment